Friday, May 11, 2012

Theme

So I have been thinking a lot about what this blog’s theme should be. Because, really, what is a blog without a theme? It’s just a journal then, isn’t it? And I only want to read the journals of people I know. Or people I’d wish I’d known. Or people I’d like to know. I mean, I so would not read the three blogs I do read if I did not know the authors. So I need a theme, a hook. After much thought, I have narrowed it down to the following:

The dichotomy of my incredibly bleak outlook on life and my unique sense of humor

Or…

The fact that I am morbidly obese and I live in one of the most shallow cities (Las Vegas) in the most shallow country in the world (America)

Or…

How I fell so easily into the lonely-spinster-and-her-cat stereotype after I got a cat

Or…

My love/hate relationship with food and alcohol

Or…

My dating adventures

Or…

The fact that I do not live in the country in which I was born.

Then I got to thinking about the title of this blog – Blog, MF, Blog. This came from my friend, Yuri. He has been nagging me for months now to get my voice out there. He inadvertently named this blog when he wrote me an, um, “motivational” note:


I am sure you know exactly what the blacked-out letters spell, right? But MF just happen to be my initials! A blog title was born! And, with it, after much thought, a theme and a tag-line:

Morbidly Fun: A single fat chick's account of her dating, drinking, and dieting adventures in Las Vegas. With a cat.

I think that sums me up, and what I plan to discuss in this blog. So, get ready folks – here I come!!!

1 comment: