Thursday, August 1, 2013

Yesterday he laughed at one of my jokes…



And 20 minutes ago I saw a co-worker perform CPR on him as he lay in a corridor turning blue and not breathing. I don’t know much about him except that his name is Dwayne and as of right now I do not know if he is alive or dead (the paramedics just took him away). I know he has kids and isn’t morbidly overweight like me. I know his life is never going to be the same again. And I know when I get home in an hour or so, I will try to hug Sammy harder than I usually do. But I know I will still drink the two or so glasses of wine I do every night and eat the unhealthy food (in tonight’s case, leftover pepperoni pizza). I know I should do something about my health and if watching a co-worker have CPR and defibrillation and all sorts of medical stuff performed on him doesn’t spur me to do something, then what will?

1 comment:

  1. You may not even make changes when your own life is threatened. What I see is people make changes when they decide to. You just haven't decided to yet.

    ReplyDelete