Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What Great British News!



Oh, what a glorious time to be British!* I present photographic, real-life (i.e., not from the web) evidence that the Chip Butty exists:

 


(Menu is from The Crown & Anchor, a British pub in Las Vegas.) I know most of you with whom I have had the Chip Butty conversation were a little skeptical that such a culinary concoction existed. Perhaps you thought the assemblage of white bread, butter and French fries sounded too good to be true. But no, it exists and it is delicious!

*Ha! I bet some of you were expecting comments upon the newest member of the Royal family, weren’t you? Oh no, not from me, bad non-tea drinking, Beatles-hating Brit that I am (but lime is my favorite color).

2 comments:

  1. I wish I'd seen this prior to yesterday :(

    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of that Chip Butty. Do not think I'll be trying it.

    ReplyDelete