Monday, July 1, 2013

Because They’re Mine



June-Be-Gone! I am so glad that month is done, it was a humdinger (in a bad way). But not really. Wait, what? Well, I was going to write about how crappy my June was and how I could not wait for it to be over but then I realized that the myriad little things that went into making it sucky were just that – little. I mean, I made it to the end of the month alive (as did Sammy, which is way more important to me) and I still have a job and a car (albeit with another little dent in it – yep, one of the bad things was another car accident) and even though I spent more money than I brought in (by $60; well, technical, $53.22, but I wrote out a check to a charity (the local PBS station (I was considering the shelter where I got Sammy but he bit me last night)) for $6.78 so I would have an even balance at the end of the month (it’s an OCD thing)), I have savings so it was not the end of the world. There are some people out there who did not make it out of June alive and some people who lost their job and some people who had car accidents bigger than my little backing-into-shrubbery deal. But… the reason all the June issues were such a big deal to me, to perhaps paraphrase Ally McBeal (and I say “perhaps” because I have found three different versions of this quotation online), my problems are more important… “because they’re mine.”

1 comment:

  1. Just because your problems aren't as big as, say, famine in Africa or war in the Middle East, doesn't mean they don't affect you. Glad your June is over. Here's to July!

    ReplyDelete