Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Another One Bites The Dust



A Colorado friend recently texted news of his engagement. I am thoroughly happy for him but I am going to miss him. Oh, we haven’t spoken yet, and I know he is going to assure me that nothing will change in our friendship (because you always say that) but it will. It always does. Why is that I wonder? Maybe once you become un-single you’re scared of getting single-people cooties, perhaps? I am sure you all mean to keep up with your single friends, but then (married) life gets in the way and your good intentions fly out the window. You all think there cannot be much difference between being single and being married, but there is. For example, how will my friend’s new wife feel about the three-hour phone conversations we have every now and again? I think she might frown upon them. Then kids come along and that makes things even worse. And even when you get divorced, it is never the same as it was. Sigh…

1 comment: