Monday, August 19, 2013

Now I Am More American Than English



Yesterday was the anniversary of my leaving England and moving to America. I am now double the age I was when I left. So that means I now have lived more of my life in America than I did in England (well, not technically, the exact date is sometime next April (taking into account leap years, etc.)).

In my BS life (Before Sammy) on those extremely rare occasions when I thought about moving back (during Wimbledon. Or when it rains. Or watching Fawlty Towers. Or eating what passes for chips in this godforsaken country.) I often thought I would leave before this “half and half” anniversary so as to retain as much Englishness as possible. Oh well. I guess that moment passed the second I got my American passport and started dropping my aitches (it’s pronounced “herb.” Not “erb.” Because it starts with a fucking aitch.).

1 comment:

  1. So, no more weekENDs? No more labour? How far does this go?

    ReplyDelete