Monday, August 12, 2013

My Happy Space




So where I live, huge apartment complex, about 425 units. Each has its own assigned parking space plus there are some open spaces for guest parking and, of course, about a million prime real estate spaces designated for disabled drivers. My favorite open parking space (my assigned one is yucky) is close to the nearest entrance to my unit. It is also close to an elevator. This may explain its popularity because finding it available when I come home was pretty hit or miss but, for the most part, I got it. That was until about two months ago, when this cobalt blue PT Cruiser started parking there ALL THE TIME. Saw the owners once, a couple in their early 60s, maybe. Saw their designated space once too (on a rare occasion they were actually parked in it), not far from this space, which makes this extra annoying because it is not like their space is way over the other side of the building like mine is. To make matters worse, about a month ago, the car shows up with a disabled license plate. Which means they can now park in any of the two million disabled spaces. But do they? No. Fuck that. You can park ANYWHERE and yet you park in my favorite space all the time. Petty, I know, but when your life is as empty as mine, having your favorite parking space taken all the time by a COUPLE who can park ANYWHERE is a big deal. And, boo-hoo, if you do not get your favorite parking space, you still have EACH OTHER. If I don’t get my favorite parking space, not only do I not have my favorite parking space I am also ALONE.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sensing an "alone" theme to your last few blogs. What's up with that? ;o)

    Liesl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liesl, I noticed that too. Michelle, just load up on a bunch of movies where the couple is bitterly unhappy--maybe that will help!

    ReplyDelete