Friday, February 8, 2013

Idol Thoughts, 12-2



Hollywood Week is, I think, my favorite part of Idol and I like how they’re changing it up a bit this time, separating the boys and the girls and choosing their groups for them (although if I were in charge, I would have had to put Speech Impediment Guy in the same group as Stuttering Stanley, I just could not have resisted doing that). I liked Nicki’s comments about Shorty McShorterson’s “pity party” but I do wonder how she will react to the Contestant-with-the-Sob-Story because every year they put someone like that through (right, Chris Medina and Danny Gokey?). I am really surprised they did not put Father Fruit through (OK, OK, it is Papa Peachez but I think mine is a better name for him) because he would be the Lightning-Rod-for-Controversy-Contestant (and there is always one of those, too, right, Nick Mitchell and Sanjaya Malahar?) But maybe they are saving that role for the RuPaul wannabe – notice how they haven’t ever (to my knowledge) shown him sing, just prancing around in his pretty costumes?

3 comments:

  1. I love how you remember, like, every person who's ever been on Idol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, an advantage (disadvantage?) of not having a life...

      Delete
  2. 'Father Fruit' is a brilliant antidote to the inexcusable name 'Papa Peachez'.

    ReplyDelete