Monday, February 18, 2013

How My Evil Twin Spent Valentine’s Day



I thought long and hard about whether I should publish this posting, for I do not come out of it looking very good at all. But then I realized you all know what a sad, bitter person I am anyway, so one more example isn’t going to make much difference.

So on V-Day, one of my co-workers (in the sense that we sit in close proximity to each other but we do not work in the same department), gave out some little trinket (I think it was a heart-shaped cookie) to those co-workers in her  department. No biggie, so far. But then she places one on my boss’ desk (my boss is definitely not in her department). So, at this point, my evil twin takes over and I take out one of the spare packets of sweet-tarts I’d bought for my department (four for a dollar from the dollar store – score) and I gave one to her. Why? Why did I do that? The only result that came from that was that she probably felt guilty for not giving me anything. And what is even more petty about this is that had she not given my boss something, had she kept it within her department, I wouldn’t have had a second thought about it. I am so messed up.

1 comment:

  1. Sad and bitter, yes, but you always make me laugh! ;o)
    Liesl

    ReplyDelete