Friday, August 31, 2012

Questions Will Be Answered


Someone just asked me what my holiday weekend plans are. When I gave them an answer - on Saturday, I will try to bury the pain and loneliness under a mound of food (probably Chinese); on Sunday, if the pain and loneliness is still there (if?), I will try to drown it in alcohol; Monday is laundry – they were quite indignant. Look, I am not going to sugarcoat anything for anybody – if you’re upset by the fact that I am so vocal about how miserably lonely my life can be at times, that’s your problem. As someone once said about me: “All you need to know about M. is this: if you don’t want the answer, don’t ask the question.”

1 comment:

  1. I get similar crap about my holiday weekend plans--but for different reasons.

    Them: What are you doing for the holiday?
    Me: Nothing.
    Them: Like, are you going to the mountains, or the zoo, or something fun like that?
    Me: No. I am going to sit in my house and watch TV and read books and sleep in and do my crafting.
    Them: But, why? You have a three-day weekend?
    Me: Exactly.

    But I'm sorry you're so lonely. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete