Monday, August 27, 2012

An Observation About Hunks


Saw 21 Jump Street this weekend. Best part was Johnny Depp’s cameo. It is just me or are the hot guys of my generation – like Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt and George Clooney and John Cusack - way hotter than this new crop of whippersnapper pretty boys like Channing Tatum and Liam Hemsworth and Zac Efron and Chris Pine? Or does it mean I am simply getting old? Like maybe our mothers could never see why we liked the Pitts and the Clooneys so much. Or is it because it is too unseemly to have a crush on someone when you are old enough to be his mother older sister?

4 comments:

  1. Agreed although I LOVE Zac Efron, he's my jailbait. He's like a younger, sweeter Jared Leto. Mmmm...Jared Leto. But yes, Channing Tatum, feh. I heard he's going to play Christian in the film version of 50 Shades of Grey, feh!

    Erin D (your work neighboUr. I'm only anonymous cuz this profile option has me currently baffled)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd take me a Zac Efron any day - what a cutie pie! Here's how old I am though: I don't know who Liam Hemsworth, Chris Pine or Jared Leto are. You can all have Channing Tatum, so you go right ahead.

    Also, hate to tell you MF - Clooney IS our mother's age, most mothers love him, so technically anyone, any age can have him. Me first and I'll let you know when I'm done . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess if I were to embrace my inner cougar, it would be with Zac Efron, but give me that silver-haired cutie Anderson Cooper any day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We agree with your assessment--our Clooneys and Pitts are our mothers' Grants and Deans and our daughters' Tatums and Efron, and it does seem unseemly to have a crush on someone who could be your ... younger brother. FYI, my cougar goes to Matt Bomer. Too bad he plays for the other team.

    Interestingly, men don't have the same problem. They'll go after anything in a skirt whether she's young enough to be their daughters OR old enough to be Helen Mirren.

    I mean, crap, *I'd* sleep with Helen Mirren.

    ReplyDelete