Monday, November 25, 2013

Sleeping Duty II – I’m Talking about Sammy and Underwear



Been reading over the paperwork for the sleep study in more detail. Apparently it is run by a bunch of puritans because participants are not allowed to sleep naked. What-evs. They prefer pajamas or a t-shirt and shorts. I own only one pair of jammies, a red and green tartan pair that I wear on Xmas Eve only. My usual bedtime attire is an oversized Steelers t-shirt with just knickers on underneath, no bra. I wonder if I can get away with just that, or if I should dig out a pair of shorts to wear. But what about a bra? I hate wearing bras at night. If I wear one it could interfere with my sleep and throw off the results. Maybe I will try sleeping in shorts and a bra the next couple nights, to get used to it.

Also, in my excitement at doing something so cool like a sleep study, I forgot about Sammy. In our four-and-a-half years together, I have never left him alone overnight. Longest we have ever been apart was 14 hours once, when I had to do some overtime; he was not a happy camper when I got home that night, so I am not sure how he is going to react to an all-nighter. I’ll leave him plenty of food and water and the lights on and the TV switched on to Animal Planet and I’ll just hope that I do not come home to a chewed-up, pooped-on disaster zone. Or get attacked as soon as I walk through the door.

Then, there is also this: apparently, I talk in my sleep too. This could prove to be even more embarrassing than my choice of night wear. Like, what if the tech doing the monitoring is really cute and I tell him or her that in my sleep? Or what if they are a Denver Broncos fan (I am sure some exist) and I trash talk their team? Shown to the bone.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thought the sleep study experience. You will be fine in your t shirt without a bra, but you should probably wear some kind of shorts. So far as talking in your sleep, I'm sure they've seen and hear it all. I apparently channel the ascended masters in my sleep, and / or talk in voices other than my own. I'm sure you're not that creepy. Good luck with the study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was Sammy when you got home?

    My dad was REALLY weird in his sleep before he started wearing the C-Pap. He would slap his butt and sing The Star Spangled Banner. It seemed as if he was awake, but he was sound asleep. Weird.

    ReplyDelete