Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Idol's Back!!!



Even though I watch an inordinate amount of television, hardly any of it is reality TV. But, of course, there is an exception to every rule and for me and reality TV, it is American Idol. I only started watching because it had an English component to it (same reason I started reading the Harry Potter books). Those dancing/modeling/cooking/surviving/dating shows don’t do it for me, but, for some reason, even with the English component gone (I miss Simon), Idol has stuck. (It is probably a lethal combination of my addictive personality and my OCD – because I’ve watched Idol from the beginning, I have to watch it until the bitter end.)

I try to quit, I really do. Every year something happens that makes me declare that I am never watching the show again (although I do have to finish out the season – my OCD would never allow me to quit before the end). The first year it was Bryan Dunkleman not coming back (I love the Dunk). Then it was Ruben besting Clay; then it was the hiring of Jennifer Lopez (can’t stand her). Usually it is when a particularly annoying or untalented person advances way too far in the competition (you know who you are, James Durbin and Jessica Sanchez). And there is at least one of those every year. But like the hair on my chin and the fat on my arse, I keep coming back.

Anyway, when I started this blog last year, the season was just coming to an end and took up only a couple postings. I have no idea how much I shall blog about the upcoming season, but, if my addiction runs as strong as it usually does, it will be a lot – so be prepared.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your dishing the dirt on the divas! And devos? Hey maybe a great new career idea would be critiquing others' faults. It must be fun getting paid to quash the dreams of the untalented masses! Simon was the best.

    ReplyDelete