Monday, November 21, 2016

The Leadership Chronicles: Platitudes with an Attitude


Three things not brought up that I thought might be, but it is a good thing they weren’t because they would have not liked my responses:

You can be anything you want to be if you put your mind to it.
Really? Well, I want to be five-foot-eight, weigh 110 pounds and be married to Anderson Cooper, so why don’t you go ahead and tell me how positive thinking will bring about any of those? OK, no, I am being unfair because I guess with two surgeries for me (spine lengthening and stomach stapling) and one for him (a frontal lobotomy) I could achieve that.

Live every day like it is your last.
Um, no. Because however much I love my job I am not going to go to work on my last day and well, I think I’d probably get fired after a week or so, so, no, not possible. Plus I’d eat a lot of chocolate and bread and fried potatoes and drink a lot of alcohol and… oh, yeah, then I guess as far as this part is concerned, I do live like it is my last day. But the going to work part, no.

There is no “I” in team.
True, but there is a “me” and me hates this.

1 comment:

  1. I mean, really. If today is my last day, I'm just going to be curled up in the fetal position feeling sorry for myself.

    ReplyDelete