Sunday, December 28, 2014

(As Promised) The Deets


Those of you who are Facebook friends know that I got a job!!!!!!! And I promised details, so here goes…

Actually, I think, like The Job From Hell of this past spring, I am going to keep most of the details to myself. Suffice it to say, this time it is in an office setting, although it too is in an industry that is new to me. I hope that is all it has in common with TJFH. I start January 5, exactly 10 days before the one year anniversary of being laid off. The commute is rather hairy (for me, that is: none of the Americans reading this would be fazed by it) and it is located literally in the middle of nowhere, with nary a 7-Eleven nearby. But I am looking upon that as a positive as far as eating is concerned because I have to do something about my weight and this way, with no lunchtime temptations, I will be forced to eat whatever it is I take with me. Pay could be better, but I am not exactly in a position to complain about that; and the dress code is casual. The staff is small, about 10, and one of them has a bicep tattoo I would like to lick.

5 comments:

  1. Umm, you never told me about the bicep tattoo you want to lick. How did that NOT come up in conversation on Saturday, as we were drinking our way through that place (thanks for the hangover by the way…I blame you!). ;o)
    Liesl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did come up on conversation (that was when Letty showed me her new tat). Obviously, someone was too drunk to remember...

      Delete
    2. I must have been focusing all my attention on my yummy drink just then. ;o)

      Delete
  2. I forgot to put a question mark. So, here:
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too funny! I always like to read the blog a couple of weeks later in case someone posts funny or meaningful comments. Liesl, you are a good friend to Michelle. I'm so glad she has you! Michelle, you are a funny, funny girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete