Friday, May 16, 2014

My New Job, Three Weeks and Three-Quarters of a Day

Well, that solves that problem. They let me go yesterday afternoon. Said it was not a good fit for either party and that I seemed unhappy. No shit, Sherlock. What gave it away? The fact that I sat in my car every morning before the office opened sobbing? The fact that I walked around with a face like a wet weekend because of the poisonous atmosphere? The fact that the work was so mind-numbingly tedious it literally reduced me to tears?

My memory might be playing tricks on me but I truly do not think I had ever been this unhappy in a job before. So much so I was considering quitting. But I am not that American and would never do that so they really did me a huge favor.
Oh! Gotta go, it is time for The Price Is Right…

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on no longer being exposed to a toxic environment--but I hope you are able to find a "replacement" job soon! <3

    ReplyDelete