Monday, October 17, 2016

The Leadership Chronicles: Two Truthful Two Lie

  • Up until this course, in the seven years I have had my cat, I have never been away from him for longer than 15 hours.
  • Up until this course, in the nine years I have lived in Las Vegas I have only once left the city limits (and, no, going to Henderson or North Las Vegas does not count, they’re all pretty much the same city).
  • I lived in Colorado for 15 years and never once went skiing.
  • I am allergic to cinnamon.
  • I am still driving the first car I ever bought.
  • I have never had a root beer float.
  • I have never seen an entire episode of The Sopranos or Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad or Mad Men or The Wire or Veep or Orange Is The New Black or Arrested Development (that list goes on – just think of any premium-cable and/or trendy TV show and in all likelihood I have not seen an entire episode).
  • I have never been to a prom.
  • I have not seen my parents in 17 years.
  • I saw Frank Sinatra in concert.

In the weeks leading up to my class, one of my co-workers who had completed the course clued me in on some things that might happen. One of the last things she told me – as she was driving me to the pick-up point, as a matter of fact – was that her team played a game of Two Truths & A Lie. Because this information was so last minute, I spent the majority of the coach ride trying to come up with a believable lie. What I mean is, because of my amazingly boring life, my truths are somewhat out there so I am sure they come across as lies. Add to this the fact that I did not spend my childhood or teenage years in the US and so a lot of stuff Americans take for granted, I have never done – for example, I have never eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Or gone to Disney Land. Or been to a sleepover. I could go on. We never ended up playing that game but had we, the list above is what I could have put out there (and if anyone is interested, hit me up privately and I will tell you which one is the lie (yes, there is only ONE)).

No comments:

Post a Comment