Sunday, September 11, 2016

Second First Folio Post

 

I hate to say this because it is such a clich̩, but I thought it would be bigger. I guess it makes sense that it is not. But apart from that it was all I expected it to be; or, rather, my reaction to it was all that I expected it to be. I mean, here I was in a room with a book that was probably touched by people who probably touched William Shakespeare. Not since I stood in the room in which he was born have I been that close to him. Was kind of disappointed by the rest of the exhibit, however Рjust a few placards and such. I see why there was no entrance fee.

I was disappointed in the attendance too. There were about five of us there. There should have been lines. Lines! It’s Shakespeare! And I guess if I am being truly honest, I am kind of disappointed I did not meet the chauffeur of my dreams there. Because, yes, that one percent of me that still believes it might yet happen, was hoping for the ultimate meet cute. Seriously, for me, Shakespeare nerd that I am, how cool would it have been if I had met someone there? But nope. Oh well.

 


1 comment:

  1. I love your love of Shakespeare. lol

    I am also disappointed that you did not meet a Shakespearean soulmate there.

    ReplyDelete