Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Maybe this time…

Tomorrow I start a new job. The fifth since my layoff back in January 2014. Is this one going to be any different from the previous four? Oh, I hope so very much it will be. Because it has to be. Because I cannot take any more. If this one does not work out, I do not know what I will do. It will work out. It has to. As always, I will not be providing details just yet, but suffice it to say, this job checks off pretty much all the boxes on my dream job list. Location? A mile and a half/10 minutes’ drive away. Benefits? Out the wazoo. Pay? About the same as I was getting when I left the paper, but that was my pay grade after SIX years, this is my STARTING pay. The only downside so far is that it will involve attending some off-site events. That means driving. You all know what I am like when it comes to driving. But you know what, it is about time I grew a pair and got over those issues already. Although, at the interview, I emphasized my tree-hugging side, said how I am always cognizant of my carbon footprint and “Is there ever a time when car-pooling to these events takes place?” Ha!

1 comment: