Friday, January 30, 2015

Once… Twice… Three Times a Loser

Yep, new new job is done. They let me go this afternoon. Said I was not “picking it up quickly enough.” Which confirms my suspicions that I am too old to learn new stuff. I really did try, this time. I mean, with the first new job I can understand why they let me go, but not with this one. I was learning more every day but I guess my pace was “too slow for their business model” (that phase was bandied about in the exit interview) (gag). But whilst I am devastated I have once again lost a job (that is three in 12-and-a-half months) I really am not devastated I lost this job. Because that commute was a bitch and there was some intense favoritism going on there (to those who have the same last name as the owners, if you know what I mean) and it was way too sales-oriented (I told them at my interview I could not sell a cup of water to a man dying of thirst).

So what now? Well, first off, I am not plugging this post on Facebook. And I will not send a link to some friends like I usually do. I am not telling anyone yet (well, I told one person so far but only because I hope he is sympathetic enough to want to fuck me. Kind of hard (ha!) though considering he lives in California, and has a wife and all). I am going to lay low this weekend (by that I mean drink myself into a stupor) and I shall not be answering my phone (should it ring) or reply to any texts or emails. Right now I cannot think beyond this booze-filled weekend.

What a loser I am.

3 comments:

  1. No. You are *not* a loser because they couldn't give you a little more time. I get that every day you allegedly don't get it costs them money, but it's not like they're in a race to the moon, right? Not training you to do brain surgery and the patient is going to die if you don't pick it up in the next two weeks? They are the losers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Patty! Those fuckers!!
    Love you!
    Liesl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, third time's the charm! The next one will be a fantastic job where they applaud your every decision (knock wood)

    ReplyDelete