Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Six Months Later…

Yep, it is six months to the day since I lost my job.

I had planned to write a pretty long post about these six months but I am just so depressed and lethargic, this is all you’re going to get. It is one of many posts I have started but been too low to finish. Plus now that I have gotten rid of all my English family members from Facebook I am posting a little more on there, like a message about Sammy’s birthday, for example. (Although sometimes I double up and post on both - the dollar store wine story is a case in point.) I’ve just nothing positive to say about the entire six months and I really am trying to avoid being a Debbie Downer in this blog. Suffice it to say, I am looking for work but I am not getting any call backs. It is soul-crushing. See, I understand when I do not get an offer after an in-person interview, because, yeah, they get to see the ass, the chins, the waistline, but I can’t even get the chance to introduce them to the fat ugly blob that I am. Thank the Universe for alcohol and Sammy.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I'm so sorry getting a job is still vexing you. I've been reading that the economy is up--but I'm not seeing it in terms of jobs or raises or ... you know ... ANYTHING ELSE. Maybe it's up for rich people.

    Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I remember how soul-crushing the job search is.

    <3

    ReplyDelete